Alejandro Osorio Flores is an artist and cultural manager, studied arts at the Universidad de las Américas en Puebla, develops art and design projects. He has participated in group exhibitions at galleries and museums in Mexico, the United States and Spain, in 2009 in the IV International Biennial of Prague, “One hundred years: endogamic & exogamic pictorial practices in Mexico” in Expanded Painting, has obtained an honorific mention in the biennial of Artemergente, in the national meeting of young art as well as in the Iberoamerican meeting Cortez de Cádiz. His work is part of the collection of the Universidad de las Américas, the collection of the Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México, the Mario Testino collection in London and the collection of the Museo de las Americas in Denver.
Visual artist Alejandro Osorio was born in Tlaxcala in 1985. He earned his degree in Fine Arts at the University of the Americas in Puebla and specialized in design and management of exhibitions.
His works have been selected for national, awards such as the Sixth National Biennial Awards Artemergente Mty in 2012 , the VI International Prize for visual art, in Cadiz, Spain and XXXI National Encounter of Young Art .
– 2009 – ” distance ratio ” Sero Space Gallery , Puebla.
– 2009 – “Landscapes ruined ” IMTA Gallery , Morelos.
– 2008 – “Spaces violated ” Gallery Light from the fridge , Puebla.
– 2013 – X FEMSA Biennial , Museo Antiguo Colegio de San Ildefonso, Mexico , DF
– 2012 – FEMSA Biennial Bienal X , MARCO Monterrey, NL
– 2012 – VI Bienal Artemergente Mty , City of Arts Monterrey , NL
– ” Epilogue Unlimited ” la77 Gallery , Mexico City .
– 2012 – VI Ibero-American Prize for Visual Arts, Cortes de Cadiz, Cadiz Spain .
– 2012 – “Black Cloud ” Chapel of Art, Puebla.
– 2012 – International Biennial of Visual Arts Degree, UAMEX , Toluca .
– 2011 – XXXI National Encounter of Young Art , Aguascalientes.
– 2010 – VI International Biennial of banners, CECUT , Tijuana , BC
– 2010 – “In the shadow of the volcanoes : Contemporary art from the mountains of Central Mexico ” , Turchin Center for the visual arts, North Carolina , USA
– 2010 – Chapel Art , Puebla
– 2009 – IX FEMSA Biennial , Center for the Arts , Monterrey NL
– 2009 – ARTE40 , Biblioteca Vasconcelos, Mexico DF
– 2009 – ” Showdown “, House of Culture , Puebla.
– 2009 – IV International Biennial of Prague, “One hundred years : endogamic & exogamic pictorial practices in Mexico ” internal Expanded Painting , Prague , Czech Republic.
– 2009 – XXIX National Meeting of Young Art , Aguascalientes.
– 2008 – ” The light in the refrigerator ” GARCO Contemporary Art Gallery , Puebla.
– 2007 – ” Heraclitus ( 544-484 BC) in the same river we walked in and not because we are and we are not (the same ) “, Gallery Site 3 , Puebla.
– 2007 – ” and rumors Remedios ; informers landscape ” within the program Fotoseptiembre , Eagle Knight House Museum , Puebla.
– 2007 – “The beauty of the meetings ” Gallery Light from the fridge , University of the Americas Puebla.
– 2005 – ” Versus” Gallery The House of Brides , Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua.
– 2012 – Honorable Mention , National Artemergente Mty VI Biennial , Monterrey.
– 2012 – Young Artists Scholarship Program of the National Fund for Culture and the Arts, Graphic Discipline.
– 2012 – Honorable Mention , VI International Prize for visual art, Cortes de Cádiz , collaboration with Nora Adame , Cádiz, Spain
– 2011 – Honorable Mention , XXXI National Encounter of Young Art , Aguascalientes.
– 2010 – ” mART , emerging artists to new collectors from 2010 to 2011 ”
– 2010 – State Scholarship Fund Stimulus Artistic Creation of Puebla in the category Young Artists , Visual Arts discipline .
– 2008 – State Scholarship Fund Stimulus Artistic Creation of Puebla in the category Young Artists , Visual Arts discipline .
– 2005-2008 – Scholarship of Excellence by the Mary Street Jenkins Foundation, University of the Americas Puebla.