The Aesthetics of the Wild
Nora Adame and Alejandro Osorio are the Nao Estudio joint, as a team they present a series of large pieces created from textile labels that refer to the integration of the wild in domestic spaces as an ornament or decoration.
A reminiscence of pop art produced with the saturation of materials and the conjugation of colors where the fabric has to do with our consumption habits, the globalization process and some established lifestyles, turning into a contemporary surrealism.
Behind a landscape constructed from a fabric , from the waste, where wildlife and biodiversity have had to suffer these forms of human evolution.
Nora Adame was born in Tampico, Tamaulipas in 1970, she studied Fine Arts at the University of the Americas in Puebla more as a hobby than as an interest in doing it as her lifestyle .
She is famous for creating paintings through a process of recycling waste cloth and labels from large industries to transform them into true pieces of art, amazing Pop Art Lovers.
Her passion is inspired by other artists and their way of projecting what they feel. Nora tries not only to represent a creative idea but to make the consumer think about the way in which we sometimes make judgments or put labels on people without really knowing who they are .
Her works have been selected for national and international awards , such as the XI Rufino Tamayo Biennale at the Museum in Mexico City in 2002, the VI National Meeting of Contemporary Art in the City of Puebla in 2006 , where she participated and won an award with two of her works, the VIII National Meeting of Contemporary Art in the City of Puebla in 2008 and at the Fourth Biennial of Visual Arts Yucatán in 2009 , where she participated.
Nora has been a conference speaker at several mexican universities like the Universidad Iberoamericana in Puebla and the Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey in Monterrey , NL, in 2002 and the Benemérita University of Puebla in 2007.
Based in the city of Puebla in 1991 ,she is currently working on promoting and launching Basbag , a new brand of bags, following the same line, made from recycled material and reused labels , all unique pieces designed by her.
– 2002 – Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Monterrey , NL
– 2002 – ITESM , Campus Monterrey.
– 2002 – Cultural Center Gallery of Tamaulipas , Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas.
– 2007 – University of the Americas Puebla, Puebla.
– 2008 – Department of Art and Design , Puebla, Puebla.
– 2009 – Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey , Campus Puebla.
– 2013 – Galerías del Palacio, Puebla, Puebla.
– 2004 – International Biennial of Florence, Italy.
– 2003 , 2004, 2005 – Tenth Independent Erotic Art Salon , Puebla, Puebla.
– 2006 – Contemporary Art Gallery of the State of Puebla.
– 2006 – Marva Art House , Puebla, Puebla.
– 2008 – Gallery Spacio Sero , Container City, Puebla, Puebla.
– 2008 – Palacio Municipal Department of the State of Puebla .
– 2009 – Visual Arts Center of Yucatan.
– 2010 – Ministry of Economy , Mexico , DF
– 2012 – Cortez American Award 2012 Cadiz , Cadiz, Spain .
– 2002 – selected in the XI Rufino Tamayo Museum Biennial of Mexico City Works.
– 2003 – Work selected in the Great Exhibition of Plastic Arts AGORA 2000-2003.
– 2006 – Selected and awarded in the VI National Meeting of Contemporary Art in Puebla City Works.
– 2008 – Selected in the eighth State Meeting of Contemporary Art in the City of Puebla Work.
– 2009 – Selected Works with honors in the Fourth National Biennial of Visual Arts Yucatán 2009.
– 2010, 2011 – Participation in the auction of the group of 16.
– 2011 – Mural for CRIT Telethon in the City of Puebla.
– 2012 – Honorable Mention Award at the Iberoamerican Cortez 2012 Cadiz , Spain.
– 2013 – Work selected in the 12th National Meeting of Contemporary Art in the City of Puebla.
– 2013 – Participation in the auction of the group of 16.
Visual artist Alejandro Osorio was born in Tlaxcala in 1985. He earned his degree in Fine Arts at the University of the Americas in Puebla and specialized in design and management of exhibitions.
His works have been selected for national, awards such as the Sixth National Biennial Awards Artemergente Mty in 2012 , the VI International Prize for visual art, in Cadiz, Spain and XXXI National Encounter of Young Art .
– 2009 – ” distance ratio ” Sero Space Gallery , Puebla.
– 2009 – “Landscapes ruined ” IMTA Gallery , Morelos.
– 2008 – “Spaces violated ” Gallery Light from the fridge , Puebla.
– 2013 – X FEMSA Biennial , Museo Antiguo Colegio de San Ildefonso, Mexico , DF
– 2012 – FEMSA Biennial Bienal X , MARCO Monterrey, NL
– 2012 – VI Bienal Artemergente Mty , City of Arts Monterrey , NL
– ” Epilogue Unlimited ” la77 Gallery , Mexico City .
– 2012 – VI Ibero-American Prize for Visual Arts, Cortes de Cadiz, Cadiz Spain .
– 2012 – “Black Cloud ” Chapel of Art, Puebla.
– 2012 – International Biennial of Visual Arts Degree, UAMEX , Toluca .
– 2011 – XXXI National Encounter of Young Art , Aguascalientes.
– 2010 – VI International Biennial of banners, CECUT , Tijuana , BC
– 2010 – “In the shadow of the volcanoes : Contemporary art from the mountains of Central Mexico ” , Turchin Center for the visual arts, North Carolina , USA
– 2010 – Chapel Art , Puebla
– 2009 – IX FEMSA Biennial , Center for the Arts , Monterrey NL
– 2009 – ARTE40 , Biblioteca Vasconcelos, Mexico DF
– 2009 – ” Showdown “, House of Culture , Puebla.
– 2009 – IV International Biennial of Prague, “One hundred years : endogamic & exogamic pictorial practices in Mexico ” internal Expanded Painting , Prague , Czech Republic.
– 2009 – XXIX National Meeting of Young Art , Aguascalientes.
– 2008 – ” The light in the refrigerator ” GARCO Contemporary Art Gallery , Puebla.
– 2007 – ” Heraclitus ( 544-484 BC) in the same river we walked in and not because we are and we are not (the same ) “, Gallery Site 3 , Puebla.
– 2007 – ” and rumors Remedios ; informers landscape ” within the program Fotoseptiembre , Eagle Knight House Museum , Puebla.
– 2007 – “The beauty of the meetings ” Gallery Light from the fridge , University of the Americas Puebla.
– 2005 – ” Versus” Gallery The House of Brides , Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua.
– 2012 – Honorable Mention , National Artemergente Mty VI Biennial , Monterrey.
– 2012 – Young Artists Scholarship Program of the National Fund for Culture and the Arts, Graphic Discipline.
– 2012 – Honorable Mention , VI International Prize for visual art, Cortes de Cádiz , collaboration with Nora Adame , Cádiz, Spain
– 2011 – Honorable Mention , XXXI National Encounter of Young Art , Aguascalientes.
– 2010 – ” mART , emerging artists to new collectors from 2010 to 2011 ”
– 2010 – State Scholarship Fund Stimulus Artistic Creation of Puebla in the category Young Artists , Visual Arts discipline .
– 2008 – State Scholarship Fund Stimulus Artistic Creation of Puebla in the category Young Artists , Visual Arts discipline .
– 2005-2008 – Scholarship of Excellence by the Mary Street Jenkins Foundation, University of the Americas Puebla.